Question 1: When is the right time?
The sooner we start care, the more effective we can be in enhancing the quality of life for both you and your family. Our first goal is to provide pain and symptom management so that you can have quality time with your family as soon as possible.
Question 2: What does hospice cost?
Emblem is a Medicare Certified agency. Medicare covers hospice at 100% and most other insurance plans cover hospice with little or no out-of-pocket costs. We also have the HUD Foundation available for families who are uninsured or underinsured needing hospice services.
Question 3: Where can hospice resources be received?
The most common place for hospice is at home. However, we also provide care in residential care homes, assisted living facilities, and long-term care facilities.
Question 4: What else does hospice provide?
- Physicians and Nurse Practitioners to manage your care.
- Nurses who visit as often as needed and are available 24 hours a day.
- Nurse Aides who provide personal care and bathing assistance.
- Spiritual care provided by our team of chaplains to address your spiritual needs, along with prayer for you and your family.
- Social services to provide emotional support as well as assist with living wills and planning.
- Music therapy, which is an excellent way to promote speech and communication for patients with neurological disorders. Music always brings a smile.
- Bereavement groups and counselors to provide grief support and education for loved ones.